Clouds

My fascination with clouds might stem from years ago when our family lived in Blue Creek. Sometimes, while the older kids were all gone to school, my mom and I used to go on “nature walks” and watch clouds. We looked for shapes in them.

Even though I’m sure we looked at thousands of clouds, I can only remember seeing a rabbit, a pirate ship, and a dog. But since then, I always “look up and marvel” as the Cloud Appreciation Society says.

There are literally hundreds of different types of clouds and scientists love to classify them. This jellyfish-like cloud, for example, is a type of cumulus. But the little “tendrils” are referred to as “virga”…precipitation that evaporates before it is able to hit the ground. Sexy.

Popular posts from this blog

Malls of West Amman

...The Dead Sea Highway, Resorts, and Religion...

Personal Credit Card Choices